Funny Duck Name Ideas
Are you struggling to come up with a funny name for your new pet duck? The sky’s the limit when it comes to naming your pet duck – after all, your duck really is not going to complain about his name, so you can name him literally anything you want. How about a funny duck name that will make you and anyone else laugh every time you call out for your duck?
Below you will find 100 of the funniest duck names that you might want to consider for your quirky new duck. Perhaps you got your new duck in October and would like to name him Count Quackula as an homage to Halloween. Or maybe you have a more “adult” sense of humor and want to try naming your duck Mother Ducker. Whatever your preference, you will surely find a few funny names that you like within the lists below.
Popular Funny Duck Names
Below is a list of 10 of the most popular funny duck names for both females and males. These names are universally funny and can be used on almost any kind of duck. Most of them are puns and plays on popular words or phrases (or, in the case of the first one, commercial products!). Read on to see if one of these funny names is a fit for your duck.
- Duck Tape – a play on the popular contractor tape brand “duct tape”
- Firequacker – from the word “firecracker” – you can use this for a particularly hyperactive little duckling!
- Nutquacker – from the word “nutcracker” – a cute and funny name for a Christmas duckling.
- Eggspresso – from “espresso” – this is another good name for an especially active duckling.
- Quack Head – you might use this one for a little duck who always seems confused or a bit out of it.
- Lame Duck – perhaps you have a duck who struggles a bit with “ducking”!
- Hot Wings – a funny, if not slightly macabre, name for your duck.
- Webster – from “Webster’s dictionary”, this would be a good name for an especially intelligent little duck.
- Omelette – you can pair this with “Hot Wings” above if you have two ducks (don’t worry, they won’t understand the reference)
- Wisequack – from the term “wisecrack”; perhaps you have a sneaky duck who has tried to pull a fast one on you.
Funny Celebrity Male Duck Names
There is no shortage of options for funny male duck names based on celebrity names (or famous movie/television characters). This is especially true with the popular male name “Jack” rhyming perfectly with “quack”! Below are 13 of the most popular male celebrity duck names.
- Duck Norris – if you’ve got a clear leader in the group, this would be a good name for him!
- Quacky Chan – have a particularly feisty little boy in your flock? If so, this might be a good name for him!
- James Pond – that’s James; James Pond.
- Hugh Quackman
- Quack Sparrow – perfect for Pirates of the Caribbean fans!
- Quack The Ripper – this is a good name for your duck if you are a mystery or thriller fan!
- Quack Black – this is a great name for the comedian of the flock.
- Swimmy Fallon – you can pair this with Quack Black if you have two comical ducklings in your flock.
- Moby Duck
- Duck Vader
- Wolfgang Duck
- Quack Efron
- Sirius Quack – have a Harry Potter fan in your house? If so, this is a fun homage to the character Sirius Black.
- John F. Quackidy – in reference to the 35th President of the United States.
Funny Celebrity Female Duck Names
While there are admittedly not as many female celebrity names that are easily turned into funny duck names, that doesn’t mean all is lost. Below are 5 female duck names based off of celebrity names or famous characters.
- Duckleberry Finn – you could also use this for a male duck name, but “Duckleberry” has a nice feminine ring to it, don’t you think?
- Quackie O. – if you have both a male and a female duck, Quackie O. is the perfect partner to John F. Quackidy! This is a nice, funny name for your more refined and mature female duck in the group.
- Feather Locklear – any Melrose Place fans in the house? If so, this might be the perfect name for your female duck.
- Margaret Hatcher
Funny Cartoon Duck Names
If you grew up watching Disney or Looney Tunes, you will know that there are a handful of cartoon characters you can reference when choosing a name for your duckling. Read on to find 14 of the most popular cartoon names that you can use for your duck.
- Marmaduck – this is in reference to the popular comic strip “Marmaduke”
- Psyduck – a perfect choice if you have Pokemon fans in the house.
- Ferdinand – if you have watched the popular pig movie Babe, you will recognize Ferdinand as the duck character. This is an especially great choice if you also have a pet pig – you could have Babe and Ferdinand!
- Webbigail Vanderquack – this might be a mouthful to say, but is a funny name for a female duck from the cartoon “Ducktales”
- Daffy & Daphne – if you are a Looney Tunes fan and have a male and female duck pair, Daffy and Daphne would be the perfect names!
- Plucky Ducky – from Tiny Tunes Adventures
- Donald & Daisy – if you have a male and female duck pair but are more of a Disney fan, Donald and Daisy would work for you.
- Huey, Dewey, & Louie – perhaps you have a trio of male ducklings. If so, Huey, Dewey, & Louie would make great names for them!
- Dr. Von Drake – if you have a toddler in the house, you are likely familiar with Dr. Von Drake from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- Scrooge – a perfect name for a duck if you are a Christmas Carol fan.
Funny Male Duck Names
Below are 12 funny duck names that you can use specifically for your male ducks or ducklings.
- Quacker Jack
- Aflac – just try to keep the commercial duck’s voice out of your head when you call “Aflac!” to your duck.
- Mr. Flappy
- Potato – because really, you can name anything “Potato” and it will be funny.
- Commander Duck – this can be a great name for the more serious duck in your flock.
- El Quacko
- Uncle Quacker
- Professor Quackington – for the more “dignified” duck in your flock.
- Sir Quacks-A-Lot
Funny Female Duck Names
Males don’t get all of the funny names – below is a list of funny, quirky names perfect for your female duck or duckling.
- Princess Duck – particularly fitting if you have a 5 year old human in the house.
- Mrs. Beakley
- Side Chick – this can be a great name if you keep both ducks and chickens together. If you have a group of chicks and a duckling that follows them around, she can be their “Side Chick”.
- Jelly Bean
- Snowflake – a great name for your more sensitive duckling.
Random Funny Duck Names
If you haven’t found the perfect funny name for your pet ducks yet, read on to find 38 more funny, quirky duck names.
- Quackpot – this might be a good name for your duck who isn’t really “all there”.
- Thunderbeak – can’t you picture a duck named Thunderbeak with a superhero cape on his back?
- Duck Duck Goose
- Duckingham Palace – this is another funny name for the more refined duck in your flock.
- What The Duck – do you have an adult sense of humor? This might be the right name for your duck. Another similar name is Shut The Duck Up.
- Duck Sauce
- Sitting Duck
- Quacker Oats – a funny play on the oatmeal brand Quaker Oats!
- Cheese & Quackers
- Splish & Splash – a cute and funny pair of names if you have two little ducklings.
- Quackzilla (or Duckzilla) – the perfect name for the more intense duck in your flock.
- Chicken – maybe you have a more fearful duck in the flock; this might be the right name for him.
- Count Quackula
- Count Duckula
- Mother Ducker – like What The Duck, this might be a good fit for the grown ups in the house.
- Fowl Ball – if there is a baseball fan in the house, this might be the perfect name!
- Lucky Duck
- Quack Attack
- Echo – Echo is a funny name for a duck that quacks back at you when you are out visiting.
- Downy – this is the perfect name for a young duckling with soft down.
There is certainly no shortage when it comes to finding a funny or quirky duck name. If you still haven’t found the perfect name for you, try coming up with one on your own. If you can think of a name that rhymes with “duck” or “quack”, you can likely come up with your own funny duck name pun.